Not sure what to do with a Pork Shoulder Roast or Beef Short Ribs or any other cut you aren’t familiar with? Here are some great delicious ideas we would like to share!
Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
12 leaves Lettuce
1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
1 Red bell pepper
1 Yellow onion
1 lbs. Ground beef
¼ tsp. Salt and pepper
2 cloves Garlic minced
1 Tbsp. Soy sauce
¼ cup Hoisin sauce
1-2 Tbsp. chili sauce
1 tsp. Ground ginger
1 Tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
½ Tbsp. Honey
4 Green onions
- Gently rinse lettuce leaves and pat dry, careful not to tear them. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add diced red pepper and diced onion, cook 3 minutes. Add ground beef and cook 5 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Drain grease and return pan to stove; reduce heat to medium. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in garlic, soy sauce, hoisin, chili sauce, ginger, rice wine vinegar and honey. Cook until sauce has thickened, 3-4 minutes. Stir in green onions.
- Spoon meat mixture into a medium bowl and place on a large serving platter. Arrange lettuce leaves around the bowl and serve.
Shredded Beef Tacos
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2-3 lbs. Roast – Rump, Chuck or Arm
2 tsp. Chipotle chili powder
1 tsp. Cumin
½ tsp. Smoked paprika
1 cup Beef stock
1 small Yellow onion diced
5 cloves Garlic minced
- Combine all spices in a small bowl.
- Rub spice mixture all over the roast.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet, over medium to high heat.
- Sear the roast on all sides, and place into your crock pot.
- In the same skillet, heat the other tsp. of oil in the skillet, and sauté your onions and garlic.
- Pour the garlic and onion mixture over the roast.
- Pour beef stock over the roast, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours. When your ready to serve, remove the roast from the crock pot, shred the meat, and serve with tortillas and favorite taco toppings.
Korean BBQ Short RIbs
2.5-3lbs Beef Flanken Style Ribs
½ cup Brown Sugar
½ cup Soy Sauce
1/8 cup Mirin (rice wine)
1 small Onion(chopped)
2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp Dark Sesame Oil
¼ Tsp Black Pepper
1 small Asian Pear(peeled & finely grated) Optional
1 Green Onion (thinly sliced, optional)
- Sprinkle brown sugar over beef and mix well to evenly coat. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes while preparing marinade.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Transfer beef into a large sealable freezer bag.
- Add marinade, press out excess air from bags, and seal. Turn bag over several times to ensure beef is evenly coated. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium-hot. Drain excess marinade off beef. Grill short ribs, turning once, to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions, if desired.