Looking for something to do with that succulent roast from your Farm Fresh Northwest order? No worries, we got you covered with a delectable Beef Roast made right in the slow cooker, so you get it tender, just the way your family loves it. All you need is your Beef Roast from your monthly delivery, some carrots, potatoes and voila! An easy, hearty meal for the whole family!
If you aren’t already a customer of Farm Fresh Northwest…. Sign Up Today! First time customers get $15 off their first purchase when they use code “FARMFRESH15” at checkout… just for trying us out! No ongoing agreements, just the freshest, locally grown meat delivered directly to your doorstep every month.
- 3 pounds Beef Roast
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 pounds potatoes (I used red), chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 large white or yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- Whisk together steak seasoning and Italian seasoning. Rub seasoning mix all over the roast. Grease a slow cooker. Add roast, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery. Cover and cook on low for 9 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- Minutes before serving, prepare the gravy. Drain liquid from sow cooker into a medium sauce pan. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Bring to a boil.
- Whisk together corn starch and cold water. Add to sauce pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Allow to thicken for 3-5 minutes.
- Place roast on a large plate or serving platter. Use a fork to gently pull apart the roast. Pour gravy over roast (and veggies if desired) and serve. Enjoy!
NOTE: You can use this recipe for Beef Roasts up to 8lbs, just adjust the amount of carrots and potatoes. For roasts over that weight, double the recipe.
We hope you enjoy these recipes that we have been making in our home for years! Remember Farm Fresh Northwest is a locally owned family farm owned by the Lathim Family in Stanwood. Our mission is to bring the freshest meat directly to your front door, and your family can enjoy the best a family deserves! Sign up today at get $15 off your first order! Just use code “FARMFRESH15” at checkout to have the discount applied to your order!